Member Jo Lloyd felt this exhibition in Broadway might be of interest to BWS members .
She has received the following information…
Dear artist or supporter
We are delighted to announce that the 2018 judging panel will be chaired by the eminent engraver and printmaker Norman Ackroyd, RA.
The theme for the 2018 competition will be ‘reflection’ – but only as an inspiration.
We hope to build on the reputation of the competition following the spectacular ‘Conflict’ Exhibition in 2016 with up to 200 of the entries being shown in a prestigious selling exhibition at Little Buckland Gallery throughout the 2018 Festival
The competition is open to any artist, in any medium, including photography, sculpture, film, ceramics and design makers both national and international.
Prizes to include:
– Main Prize £1000 – Sponsored by John Noott Contemporary Art
– 3D Prize £500 – Sponsored by Little Buckland Gallery
– Local Artist’s Prize – £500 Sponsored by The Richard Hagen Gallery
– Visitor’s choice £500 of framing by Richard Christie Framemaker
– Gallery Representation
– Artist in Residence
The deadline for entries is midnight 6th May 2018. The registration form is attached including full details of how to apply as well as a poster in case you would like to print it out and display it in a relevant place.
Please forward this email to anyone who might be interested.
Highlights of the 2018 Festival 8th – 17th June to include:
Broadway Artbeat Weekend 8th-10th June – an exciting weekend event featuring artists and craftsmen demonstrating their skills, with specialist demonstrations led by some of the country’s most renowned contemporary artists.
• WW1 Exhibition,
• Workshops and demonstrations to include: Ann Blockley, Tony Allain PS, PSA, MPANZ and Edward Noott RBSA
• Speakers including Sir Roy Strong, Tristram Hunt, Lachlan Goudie, John Julius Norwich
• Classical, Jazz and ‘Come & Sing’ choral workshop
• Great Broadway Paint-Off competition with prizes
• Family Day and children’s events
Let me know if you would like to sign up for the festival newsletter
I look forward to receiving your completed registration form and images! Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries
click on links below for entry form & exhibition poster.
Many thanks Jo for this information.